Presented in partnership with Local Home Girl, her next workshop is set for Saturday, June 11 during which attendees will learn how to dye fabrics using natural materials. Guest instructor KC Cooper Sears is a co-founder of the Academy of Handmade Artists & Supporters and has worked for Martha Stewart, Urban Outfitters, and other notable clients.
The $135 fee per person includes the following:
- Four hours of hands-on learning and fun with natural dyeing with a fiber arts specialist
- Instructions on eco-friendly, sustainable and easy ways to dye fabric with everyday foods stuffs and natural materials
- Training of shibori and resist techniques for patterning and designing your own set of napkins and placemats
- All materials and supplies
- A special thank-you gift
- A delicious catered lunch by Savory N Sweet in Redondo Beach
Workshop spaces are limited. Wear clothing and shoes that could get dirty or stained. Free street parking. Exact address of Local Home Girl headquarters provided after registration. Questions? Call Stacy at (310) 464-7379.